Remington Model 11 Serial Number: MFG Years for Model 11 Discussed
Conduction a Remington Model 11 serial number search can be challenging, considering the historical nature of these firearms. We explored numerous ways to know the manufacturing dates of your Rem firearm and offer you the full necessary information.
Let’s dive into the details!
Remington Model 11 Mfg Dates – Overview
The gun, whose production started in 1911, and was seized in 1947, has a place in history. There are various databases you can use, and one of them includes James Tipton’s list.
According to the source, here are the years matching the codes at your Rem rifle’s bottom or left side.
Year of Manufacture
According to Tipton, 1917 shifts to 204161, as the ledger highlights 199611 as the high number on Sept. 30.
Date of Production
Late June 1928
Identifying the Year of Manufacture for the Model 11 12GA
The 12 gauge is a part of the Auto-5 shotgun design, released in 1905. Serial numbers can be traced to their receivers, which you can use via an online lookup tool, also helping discover data like, which shells are best for your firearm.
You can find these codes on the left side of the barrel, close to the gun’s receiver. Consider the following:
- The beginning letter of the code represents the month of production, and the following one to two symbols refer to the respective years.
- The serial digit identifies that specific part for 12 gauge versions with detachable barrels, as they usually get switched around.
Here is a good example showing how serial numbers determine Model 11 12GA.
For shotguns with the codes “440xxx and 720xxx.” their year of manufacture will be:
- 44xxx – Apr 1941 (CK)
- 720xxx – Dec 1945 (XPP)
Remington MFG Dates for Serial Numbers from 1921-2012
The year and month of manufacture is on the left side of the barrel, near the frame, for varieties coming after 1921. Here is a complete look at these serial codes and specific dates.
Letters and their Specific Months
The Blue Book of Gun Values helps identify the months of production as follows:
Codes in terms of Years
Here is a list of the firearm’s codes in regard to years:
How to get Model 11 Serial Number Lookup Help
Besides the lookup tool and the Tinston list, there are other line of sources you can use for the serial number lookup.
- You can rely on the official factory record books containing all Rem rifles and shotguns’ ever-recorded serials.
- This other lookup source caters to those with Rem versions dating between 1831 and 1931.
Locating the Model 11 Serial Code
Serial numbers location on this firearm varies depending on the age and model line.
- Early models: The serial number is on the receiver’s left side or barrel.
- Later versions: This rifle’s serial code is on the bottom of the receiver, in front of its trigger guard.
- Numerous model 11 shotguns may have a serial number on the inside of the receiver, visible when you detach the gun.
- Not all 12 gauge shotguns have a serial number, as they were irrelevant to the law until 1968
What year is my Remington serial number?
Serial number codes will help you determine the Rem Mfg dates of your rifle through the sources outlined in the article.
What year is Remington Model 11?
Model 11 line began production in 1911 up until 1948.
Where was Remington Model 11 made?
Model 11 is a product line from the U.S.A., where the company is among the country’s oldest.
Is Remington Model 11 still made?
Model 11-87 is still in production 36 years after its release (1987).
How to check year by serial number?
Check the serial in various points of your gun, like the barrel and receiver, to enable you to search for the dates online.
You’ll easily execute the serial number lookup through the discussed and illustrated manual and online searching methods, where the digital strategy is more conclusive. We also provide years of manufacture for different rifle variations (and shotguns), especially if you own an early Model 11 version.
So, have you encountered serial code search issues with a Rem Model 11? Comment below with your answer, and tell us your preferred approach for effective results.