Best Scope for 300 Win Mag
To make the best of your 300 Win Mag you need a quality scope suitable for the environment you’re planning to use it in. Welcome to the definitive guide on what to consider when purchasing the best scope for 300 Win Mag in the market.
The article lists the top 7 choices you should consider as your primary scope pick. Here is a run-through of what you’ll learn from the following article:
- The best optic available in the market
- Which are the main feature to look for in a scope
- The price variations of the products
- Pros and cons of each optic
- Tips to follow when purchasing a rifle eyepiece.
Did you know there are 4 key features that determine the quality of a.300 Win Mag? These are:
- Image Clarity
- The magnification range
- Product’s value and rating
- The reticle’s performance
Read on to discover the best scope for 300 Win Mag.
Why Should You Take My Word?
After extensive research, I compiled the 300 win mag scopes below based on my tests and other third-party sources, such as YouTube breakdowns.
I thoroughly read the manufacturer’s guides and put the products through field tests to see if they replicated their descriptions were part of the analysis. As a result, I’ve gone through the possible scenarios for each scope, so you don’t have to.
I also understand that my target readers use guns primarily for protection, tournaments, and recreational activities such as hunting. Let’s get started with helping you find the best scope.
The 7 Best 300 Blackout Scopes and Optics
Athlon Optics Argos BTR Riflescope 6-24x50mm Gen II – Best for Target Shooting
This Athlon Argos optic product is one of the best scope for 300 win mag. It is an entry-level scope made by a proud sporting company making it ideal for target shooting events.
Its price has to be the headline factor compared to its versatility. Furthermore, it is fog proof and generally water-resistant, making it perfect for use in adverse atmospheric conditions.
A 300 Win Mag is known to have enough power to defy physics law when inappropriately mishandled. With a shockproof mechanism, this scope has a comprehensive, unique modular design for its precision glide erector system.
The recoil resistance is perfect. It allows you to endure 1000G which is 1000 times the recoil.
What Are Its main aspects
- Glass etched reticle: TheWin Mag ammunition is quite a performer. The glass-etched reticle effectively supports complex reticle models and has a much better resilience to recoil.
- First focal plane scope: The gadget’s reticle has an illuminated reticle for better clarity in low light times of the day. Expect your Winchester Magnum to capitalize on its speed the moment you mark your target.
- Precision Zero Stop System: This device’s Zero stop solution enables easy access to your zero viewpoints. Scaling back to them is a quick and accurate stop at the point.
- Ultra HD Resolution Glass: It is a three-for-one deal. The feature has a dependable light transmission rate, allowing your eyes quick and easy access. Regardless of the light levels, it provides a sharper and brighter image of your target.
- XLP Layer is perfect: The solid outer layer covers your scope against outside elements. It provides complete protection against all external dangers such as dust, sticky & oily marks, and other particles and dents that have an effect on the outer lenses.
- Fully multi-coated lens: Its advanced lens coating effectively reduces the reflective effect and transmits a relaxed state to your eyes. It additionally ensures proper light transmission to the eyes, providing a clearer and more distinct long-range aim
Why Argos BTR Riflescope 6-24x50mm Gen II is right scope for you?
This Athlon optics Agros version is still an entry-level optic. However, due to its flawless features, it performs admirably as a 300 Win Mag eyepiece.
This scope is good for long-range shooting games. Also, the price tag gifts you a well-priced quality scope for numerous uses with the Win mag.
NightForce SHV 5-20x56mm – Best For Long Range Shooting
This NightForce scope type is a premium pick to use with a 300 Win Mag. As one of the most versatile rifle cartridges, the U.S Marine troops put their trust in this eyepiece.
It is available in six different reticle selections; MOA reticles and two illuminated options. Furthermore, the 56mm objective’s magnification setting provides excellent precision at long range.
In its range, this high-quality scope has exceptional, sharpness, clarity, and contrast.
What are the main Features?
- Fine turrets: It has extensive elevation adjustment of 120 MOA and windage and elevation turrets of 80 MOA. You’ll also enjoy a Zero Stop for a quick rotation to zero and a precise 1 / 4 MOA click configuration.
- Unique glass: The glass is of excellent make, packing great magnification for distances of up to 2000 meters.
- 56mm objective and a 30mm Tube: The scope’s 30mm device enables enough shooting light, giving a clear view and good eye relief. The vision gets better with the 56mm lens which supports its long-range magnification.
- Advanced reticle: As a Second Focal Plane type, its reticle uses the capabilities of its reliable glass to improve your view throughout low-light shooting operations.
- Adjustable parallax: Usually beginning at 45 yards, it modifies the parallax of the riflescope, causing the reticle display to be clearer and with less presumed motion when firing long-range shots at different distances.
- Aluminum cover: This product utilizes a thicker aircraft-grade aluminum body. Its exceptional build and mechanical validity keep this world-class optic safe from damage. This aspect is most likely why the military utilizes the 300 blackout scope.
Is this NightForce scope a good option?
The glass of this 300 blackout scope is a great sight tool. It is ideal for hunting tasks and also for long-range shooting tournaments.
The NightForce riflescope’s solidity is known to have survived a hit from a 300 Win Mag. You can enjoy clear images of your aim for the longest time.
Maven RS.4 5-30×56 Riflescope – Best Lens Scope
Mavens designed the RS.4 5-30×56 Riflescope for you who require maximum precision, especially when working with a small window for minor adjustments.
The RS. 4 delivers unmatched pinpoint accuracy, whether shooting over 1000 yards or providing a precise shot while hunting at long range.
For those who prefer a First Focal Plane scope, the Maven blackout optic is ideal for you. Unlike the previous NightForce variety, it offers a combination of both MLA and MOA.
Therefore, the scope will help you explore the full capabilities of 300 Win Mag ammunition. Competitive marksmen, long-range enthusiasts, and long-range hunters require precision that standard hunting and target scopes cannot provide.
What are RS. 4’s Main Features?
- 56mm objective: The 56mm optical system captures the available light, enabling you to remain on target over extended distances in times when other scopes won’t effectively perform.
- Has a zero stop: It is conveniently located just underneath the cap. The feature on the 300 blackout optic will assist in precision, helping capitalize on the deadliness of the Winchester Magnum.
- 34mm tube diameter: Unlike the previous 300 blackout scopes, the RS.4 scope has a wider 34mm tube which increases its solidity and influences eye relief.
- Perfect illuminated reticle: Depending on your shooting operation, you may need a few seconds to reset when using a Win Mag. The dial on this scope has an on and off switch between each set. The colors highlighted on the dials can improve your experience, especially when shooting at night.
- Parallax adjustments: The smooth side adjustments allow you to focus on your target and hit the target with the dependable Winchester Magnum ammunition.
- Large tactile turrets: Considering it is both MLA and MOA, the RS.4 scope is flexible in its use, giving you service for a wide range of shooting disciplines
Is the Maven RS.4 5-30×56 Optic A Good OPTION for You?
At a price under $2,000, this 300 blackout optic provides precision and flexibility unrivaled by rifle scopes at a comparable price.
Its technology is something to brag about if you add this piece to your arsenal.
Leupold VX-5HD 3-15×44 Blackout Optic – Best For Clarity and Automated Functionality
Leupold is a reputable manufacturer producing the best scopes for 300 win mag. The VX-5HD 3-15×44 rifle scope is one of their quality rifle optics.
It is intended for hunting and features a FireDot illuminated reticle for brilliant, red-dot-like performance during the day, as well as simple one-button intensity adjustment.
The Custom Dial System (CDS) guarantees that your focus matches your rifle’s lethality. To set yours perfectly, enter the magnum’s information from your ammunition box, and consider some of the environmental factors you’ll be working on the most.
What are Leupold VX-5HD 3-15×44 rifle scope Key Features?
- Twilight Max Light Management System: To provide the brightest possible views while removing 85% more glare-causing illumination than the competition.
- Darkened lens edges: The feature on the Leupold scope has anti-reflective lens coatings, enhancing eye relief and providing improved resolution, contrast, and imaging effectiveness. Combined with the 44mm lens, the feature is ideal for long-range shooting in contests or hunting.
- Fast-Focus Eyepiece: The VX-5HD 3-15×44 features a large eye box, a wide field of view, and accurate diopter adaptation in the field. It lets you switch through the entire diopter spectrum with one full viewfinder turn.
- Lenses made of lead-free glass: Concerning superior optical devices, these 300 blackout lenses are made without any harmful by-products associated with normal glass. Calcium-fluoride lenses give you ideal light transmission, vivid color, realistic clarity, and improved overall performance.
- Motion sensor technology (MST): A single press or dial twist activates the illumination. The reticle goes into standby mode after 5 minutes of inactivity and reactivates whenever the firearm is moved. This aspect reduces the need for extra mobility when reaching buttons while prolonging battery life.
Is the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15×44 Perfect for You?
With its versatile functionality, the Leupold VX-5HD 3-1544 fits any description if you are searching for quality scopes fantastic for long range efficiency in hunting or your upcoming competition.
The MST has timely capitalization, to ensure the 300 Win Mag hits targets on time, and maintains a bullseye’s focus if you’re precise shooting or hunting.
Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 6-24×50mm Blackout RifleScope – Best For Precision Tactical Shooting
Vortex has built a solid reputation in the riflescope market by producing low-cost, high-quality optics. The Viper HS-T Second Focal Plane scope is one of their best performers.
It is the perfect “Hunting Shooting Tactical,” and the device stays true to its claim of being useful in a variety of shooting scenarios.
Its 50mm objective lens will provide you with excellent light transmission and comfortable eye relief for long-distance shots.
Which are the Main HS-T Riflescope Features?
- Fully multi-coated lens (XD): Using scopes with lens coatings has a very low diffusion that yields a high resolution and color fidelity. The XR coatings improve light-gathering capacity, while the Armortek coating shields the lenses.
- The visible target style: The 300 blackout optic elevation turret provides on-point and consistent adjustable clicks. Also, the CRS Zero Stop enables a perfect return to zero after dialing temporary elevation corrections.
- A 4X zoom magnification: The combination of the glass’s strength and the optic’s side parallax adjustment allows for precise target focus and parallax removal. You can precisely align the reticle with your eye using the quick-focus eyepiece.
- VMR-1 Reticle (MOA): The second focal spot is one of the many Viper HS-T (Hunting & Shooting Tactical) configurations. It provides dependable precision when attempting longer-range shots.
- The O-ring one-piece tube: The combination of the glass’s strength and the optic’s side parallax adjustment allows for precise target focus and parallax removal. You can precisely align the reticle with your eye using the quick-focus eyepiece.
Why Should You Use the HS-T 300 Blackout Scope?
This rifle scope is under $750, despite being one of the best scope for 300 Win Mag.
The Viper HS-T rifle scope is a versatile but straightforward rifle scope that can be used for hunting, target shooting, or tactical purposes.
Burris 6-24×50 Fullfield IV Rifle Scope – Best Overall Performer
Burris scopes manufacturers have a rich reputation among 300 Win Mag users for great quality, well-priced optics. The 6-24x50mm version has increased 4x optical zoom and is built on a 30 mm tube.
The Fullfield IV version has three, unlike many optics with single or two reticles. With a 10-yard focus, it also has a parallax knob to help you configure settings for closer aims. So what are the other specifications of this magnificent scope?
What Are the Main Characteristics of the Fulfilled IV Optic?
- 50mm objective Lens: With the scope’s glass, you get sharp pictures, especially deer hunting. It allows sufficient light transmission, producing a clear target in long-range shooting.
- 30 mm Tube Second Focal Plane (SFP): The 30mm diameter allows the scope to withstand high-level shooting and allows enough light transmission for more clarity. The aspect ensures that 300 Win mag ammunition consistently hits your target regardless of the weather conditions.
- Multi-Coated Glass: Besides being a reliable 50mm, the optic’s glass achieves edge-to-edge clarity and low-light effectiveness. The incorporated eyepiece model is tough and has a non-slip hold for easy control in the field.
- Configurable turret Knobs: For ultimate control on which target or position the cartridge hits, the device has an elevation turret to offer you a smooth experience.
- Focal plane reticle: For easier adjustments without changing your point of impact, the Fulfilled IV is versatile through its 3 reticles. It is a single design with the Fine Plex and SCR MOA reticles. They impact the simple configuration of magnification settings for mobile targets or save time in a shooting contest.
Is the Burris 6-24×50 Fullfield IV Rifle Scope Ideal for You?
Considering the Burris 300 blackout device for a task like deer hunting guarantees you a successful hunt. The Fulfilled IV gives multiple functionalities through its versatility.
You don’t have to worry about the harsh hunting environment with its solid state as one of the best scopes for 300 Win Mag.
Primary Arms SLx Rifle Scope – Best Budget Shooting Quality
The SLx scope is the first focal plane model to offer four reticle choices. For its size, it has a variety of settings, allowing you to customize it to your desires.
This 300 win mag scope option has various features: its four reticles. By combining a 44mm objective and a 30mm tube, the manufacturers endorse it as ideal for hunting contexts. Here are some of the other highlights
The main Features of the SLx Rifle Scope
- Four reticles first focal plane scope (FFP): Among the four options are two illuminated reticles with six illumination settings. The reticles are evaluated in MOA, whereas the non-illuminated reticles are measured in MILs. Additionally, having a reticle that remains ‘true’ throughout the magnification range opens up a new set of options for target shooters, and competitors.
- Aluminum-coated body: The aircraft-grade aluminum scope, is highly resilient, shock resistant, waterproof, and fog resistant, and comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Zero reset system: On visible tactical turrets, tactile and reliable clicks with 1/10 MIL or 1/4 MOA click values are accessible. Turrets and reticles share the same component for your convenience.
- Parallax adjustment: In rare instances, you may need to aim for shorter ranges. The SLx 300 blackout scope has a parallax adjustment on the side that starts at 15 yards. The fast-focus eyepiece aids in the quick and easy acquisition of targets.
- Finger adjustable turrets: You’ll enjoy the freedom of personally adjusting the turrets to properly strike your target with the lethal 300 Win Mag cartridge.
Is the SLx scope model right for you?
This version is the most cost-effective on our list. When on a budget and want to participate in your shooting discipline, it is reliable when you are also relying on 300 Win Mag ammunition.
Furthermore, given its versatile functionality and low price of under $500, it is a must-have. You can also own it to provide scope backup on the field.
How You Identify a Reliable Scope For a .300 Win Mag Rifle
Acquiring the best scopes for 300 win mag requires an understanding of; the shooting purpose, your budget, as well as conditions you ought to execute.
Maximum Shooting Range
Minimum 500 yards
Appropriate Time of Use
Both day and night
Powerful magnification configurations
The preferred strength should match the distance where you want to use it
Fully Multicoated for Longevity
Here are more aspects used when compiling the above list, also useful when purchasing the best scope for 300 win mag.
Maximum Shooting Distance
A standard eyepiece for 300 win mag normally gives clean images starting from 500 yards.
Many optics are good from the range, with premium products having clarity beyond 1000 yards.
Though it is rare to need a scope for short proximities, the article also included those whose shooting range starts at 10 yards.
The Appropriate Time of Use
Get an optic you can use during the daytime or night.
If you get one that performs relatively low in the dark, improvise through unique illumination reticles and distinct magnification settings.
Additionally, the best scope for 300 win mag is efficient in any atmospheric condition.
What is the Longevity of Quality Scopes?
While a good scope can survive any weather conditions, durability is influenced by their solid build, normally from an artifact aluminum coating.
Your scope should last longer if it has a fully multicoated lens.
Dependable Reticle Pattern
The second focal type is cheaper than the first focal plane reticle version.
Crosshair designs are popular in the market though they are not useful for long-range tactical aiming.
The Appropriate Scope For The Right Firearm
A 300 Win Mag bullet is perfect in a wide range of firearms.
The asset is shaped for speed and good for big targets. As a result, the appropriate firearm should be able to withstand the force of the win mag.
When deciding which scope to use, analyze the strengths of both the gun and bullet.
There is a need to capitalize on the after-effects after shoot execution. An optic with a good recoil is ideal for heavy machinery.
What Specs Matter Most in A Rifle Optic?
The lens specifications are critical in any scope. Any additional parts or adjustments complement the glass’ function.
If your budget allows for it, select one with a larger diameter.
How to Select a Scope for Image Clarity
Good long-distance shots lenses plus additional practical features like illuminated reticles give clear images for long-range targets.
What are the Ideal Reticle Classifications?
An illuminated reticle with Mil-Dot, MOA, or Bullet Drop Compensation (BDC) markings contributes to the accuracy when combined with a .300 Win Mag bullet.
What Magnification Range Is Ideal?
The basic objective for standard scopes is 40mm or 44mm, while those from 50mm offer effective solutions.
Also, 4X to 6X is the basic magnification range many target shooters settle for. They typically need 10X for correct windage and elevation adjustments to get maximum clarity from 500 yards and above.
Does a Scope’s Price Dictate Its Value?
Great optics, like in most markets, are determined by price. Premium options are typically more expensive and thus more valuable.
You can acquire the best scope for 300 win mag that is averagely priced, which also gives you close if not equal performance as most premium selections.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Far Will A 300 Win Mag Shoot Accurately?
The ultimate range of the cartridge with moderate projectiles is normally considered 1,110 m.
What Magnification Does a 300 Win Mag Need?
A 300 Win Mag riflescope normally has at least 3x to 5x and an optimized magnification range of at least 10x, ideally closer to 15x.
What Is the Difference Between FFP and SFP?
The primary difference is that irrespective of magnification, an SFP reticle appears the same size. When using an FFP type, its size changes as the optic lens magnifies.
What is the Best 300 Win Mag Scope?
The Vortex Viper HS-T Riflescope model in the list is our chosen performer. Considering the availability of other premium options on the list, it was a tough conclusion.
Is a 300 Win Mag Worth It?
The Winchester Mag fits many firearms and applications because it falls between small calibers and large ammunition, such as the 50 cal.
Is a 300 Win Mag Too Much for Deer?
Hunters are familiar with the Winchester bullet due to its flexibility with different firearms.
These light weights, with a flow speed of 3,200-3,300 fps, are preferred for deer, antelope, and any activity in open terrain where target shots range between 250-300 yards or more.
How Hard Does a 300-Win Mag Kick?
A 300-win mag recoil kick is 20+ ft-lbs which is a little more compared to other bullets.
What is the best bullet to shoot in a 300 Win Mag?
The 180-grain bullet is great for hunting contexts through its mix of flow speed and power.
What Is the Best Bullet Weight for a 300 Win Mag?
This caliber’s most popular shot grains range from 150g to 200g.
What Is More Powerful 300 Win Mag or 7MM?
Despite their obvious resemblance, the 300 Win Mag has a 5-8% capacity advantage over the 7mm Rem Mag due to its shoulder placing and lengthy case span.
What is the Difference Between MRAD and MOA?
MOA and MRAD distinction comes down to how we format degrees of directional measure.
Although 1/4 MOA clicks are a little more precise than 1/10 MIL values, MIL values are a little simpler to communicate.
Do Snipers Use the First or Second Focal Plane?
Snipers use the First Focal Plane to improve accuracy. As a result, when they magnify the field of view, the target and reticle grow larger.
Is the 300 Winchester Magnum Scope Any Good for Hunting?
The . 300 Win Mag when packed with a 150-grain bullet attains velocities of up to 3390 FPS and is excellent for all deer species and wild hogs.
Is It Easy to Install a Scope on a .300 Win Mag Rifle?
Yes. You just need a proper workspace setup to get started. For starters, it might seem difficult but trust me, the second time will be a lot easier.
A manual is the first go-to option, but going through tutorial videos will be much better.
The win Mag provides excellent precise shots, especially when combined with the right optic or scope. From the list above, at least one must meet your shooting objectives and budget.
Now, I would like to bounce the question back to you. Comment below which 300 Win Mag scopes from our list is best for you and why.
Also, if you think there is a scope or any essential information concerning the 300 win mag I’ve not included, leave a comment below for consideration in my next articles.