Best Scope Rings for 40mm Objective: Top 4 Editor Picks Reviewed
Do you want to enhance your shooting experience? The best scope rings for 40mm objective are the perfect fit for this job. But, finding the perfect fit for your scope rings can be a challenge.
Our experts have handpicked and reviewed the top 4 products to provide you with accuracy and durability. This comprehensive guide will help you choose the best rings to take your shooting to the next level.
Read on to find the perfect fit for your setup!
Why Are Scope Rings Important?
The accuracy and stability of your rifle scope significantly depend on the scope rings.
- Improper rings can cause your scope to shift or sustain damage, compromising your shooting experience and resulting in inaccurate shots.
- Optic rings provide a secure mount for the scope of your firearm.
- Using appropriate rings for your setup can improve shooting accuracy and protect your scope from damage in the long run.
Our Best Picks for Rifle Scope Rings
Now that you understand the importance of optic rings, it’s time to dive into our top picks for rifle rings. We’ve considered a range of factors, including durability, accuracy, and compatibility. Whether you’re a seasoned shooter or a beginner, our picks will help you achieve the most accurate shots possible.
1. Warne Warnex Mountain Tech
This rifle scope ring is a top pick for people looking for a well-made product that comes with extra durability. These low rings are made out of aluminum. The 34mm diameter is perfectly suitable for any rifle and optic combination.
- Another highlight of these rings is the Torx-style fastener system that allows it to ensure a secure grip at all times.
- You get an excellent combination of durability, strength, and ease of use.
- Lightweight material
- Highly durable
- Compatible with a wide variety of scopes
- Matte finish reduces glare
- Installation is very straightforward
The Warne Warnex Mountain Tech rings are not the lightest rings on our list. But due to the low-profile design and wide rings, these rings are quite versatile. If you’re looking for something to increase your accuracy and stability, then you should definitely check these out.
2. Brandnameinternalx Burris Zee
The Brandnameinternalx Burris Zee rifle rings are also a popular choice among the hunting community. You get a really good build quality here as the rings are made from aircraft-grade aluminum. These medium rings contain self-centering hardware so you don’t need to worry about the alignment.
- You also get a double recoil lug that prevents the scope mount from sliding under heavy recoil.
- These rings are wide so you can easily put a different variety of scopes on here.
- You can also use a Picatinny rail or a weaver-style base as well.
- Strong Build Quality
- Perfect Scope Alignment
- No Scope Sliding
- Height is good for proper eye relief
- Compatible with Picatinny rail/Weaver style mounts
- Requires a little extra space on the rails
If you are in need of optic rings for your rifle, then the Burris Zee rings are some of the best in the market. You get good build quality with perfect alignment and compatibility for a wide range of different optics.
3. Aero Precision Ultralight
The Aero Precision Ultralight 30mm is a great choice if you are looking for a high-quality and lightweight option. You get really good durability and strength due to the aluminum build. The length is extended to provide you greater flexibility in trying out different scope mounts.
- Due to the unique cantilever design, the center of gravity is a bit closer to the rifle’s centerline. This allows for improved accuracy and reduced weight.
- You can also use a Picatinny rail for added versatility.
- Lightweight construction
- Extended length is great for flexibility
- Cantilever design helps in reducing weight
- Compatible with Picatinny/Weaver rails
- A bit expensive
Overall, if you want a versatile and premium mounting solution then the Aero Precision Ultralight is a really solid option. With a high scope ring height, you get additional versatility in terms of eye relief. Even though it is heavier on the purse, but is still a great choice for serious shooters.
4. Zeiss Precision Ultralight
If you are looking for a high-end option then the Zeiss Precision Ultralight is the one for you. It has quite lightweight scope rings, thus making them more appealing to competitive shooters.
- The rings are durable having aluminum construction.
- There is also a bubble-level feature that allows you to check whether your rifle is level or not. It allows you to be accurate and consistent in your shots.
- Long lasting rings
- Ultra lightweight design
- Simple mounting mechanism
- Improved accuracy due to the bubble level
- The slim design provides good cheek weld
- You can only use optics with a scope tube diameter of 30mm
All in all, the Zeiss Precision Ultralight is a great pick for hunters and shooters who prefer the best quality. Even though it is the most pricey, the attention to detail and precision makes it worth the investment.
Things to Consider Before Buying 40mm Objective Optic Rings
If you’re in the market for 40mm optic rings, there are a few key things to keep in mind before making your purchase. With so many rifle scopes available, it can be overwhelming to know which rings are best suited for your needs.
Let’s take a look at some of the points you should consider before buying 40mm objective scope rings.
1. Scope Ring Diameter
The first and foremost that you need to do is to determine whether or not the scope ring fits your gun and optic. It seems very simple but a lot of people tend to make the mistake of buying the wrong rings for their optic.
- You need to ensure that the rings match the size of the scope tube.
- Also, check whether the ring’s height fits the objective bell or not.
- If the objective bell is compatible with the rings, then you’re good to go and the optic will fit correctly.
2. Shooting Purpose
The second thing that you need to keep in mind is the purpose for which you are going to use the gun.
- If you have a precision rifle and want to get the best out of it, you need to use high-accuracy rings.
- It is very important to have an idea in your mind as it will make the buying decision easier.
- You will have a clear purpose in your head of what you are trying to achieve and thus buy the appropriate scope mounts.
3. Checking The Receiver Slots
The last thing that you need to consider is how the rings will meet with the bases. A lot of rifles nowadays come with receiver slots that are built in a way to meet perfectly with the rings.
A lot of the Picatinny lugs don’t fit on a weaver style and vice versa. Therefore, make sure to check the mounting system.
Checking Scope Ring Height
When purchasing rings for a 40mm objective, it’s crucial to check the scope ring height to ensure that your scope is mounted at the proper height. The right ring height is important for achieving a proper cheek weld and eye relief, and for maintaining the accuracy of your shot.
The type of rings you choose will depend on the type of mount on your rifle, whether those are dovetail rings or Picatinny mount. Bolt clearance is also important to consider, as the rings need to be high enough to allow the bolt to cycle without interference.
Here are the steps for checking the ring height:
- Determine the type of mount on your rifle whether it fits a weaver rail or a Picatinny one.
- Check the manufacturer’s recommendations for ring height.
- Use a caliper to measure the diameter of the objective lens, which will be 40mm in this case.
- Calculate the height needed for proper clearance. Add half of the objective diameter (20mm) to the clearance needed for your rifle’s bolt. This will give you the minimum height required for your Picatinny rings.
- Choose a ring height that meets or exceeds the minimum height needed for your rifle.
- Install the scope mounts on your rifle, tighten them with a torque wrench, and check for proper eye relief and cheek weld.
By following these steps and checking the ring height, you can ensure that your scope is mounted properly for maximum accuracy and comfort.
What size scope rings for a 40 mm scope?
The size of the scope rings for a 40 mm scope will depend on the type of mount on your rifle, whether it is a Picatinny or dovetail rail.
What height scope rings should I use?
The height of the scope rings you should use will depend on the size of your scope’s objective lens, the type of mount on your rifle, and the clearance needed for your rifle’s bolt.
Why 40mm is the best focal length?
40mm is the best focal length because it creates the most realistic perspective. It basically means that it is the most identical to human eyesight.
What is the most common scope ring size?
The most common scope ring size is a diameter of 1 inch. But when it comes to long-range shooting, large sizes such as 30mm and 34mm are also getting quite popular.
Choosing the right scope ring is crucial for getting the most out of your rifle and scope. Our recommendation for the best rings would go with the Warne Warnex Mountain Tech.
- It has a really good build quality and is easy to install.
- The matte finish also reduces any glaring.
- It is also very versatile and can be used on a lot of different rifles.
When purchasing rings the Seekins precision scope rings for a 40mm objective, it’s important to check the ring height. Whether you’re a hunter or a sport shooter, selecting the right scope rings will help you achieve greater accuracy and comfort on the range or in the field.
What are your experiences with choosing the right optic rings for your rifle and scope? Have you encountered any challenges, and how did you overcome them?